Brompton Folding Bike
Brompton Folding Bike
Brompton folding bikes, designed and manufactured in the U.K. have one of the best folds allowing them to go virtually anywhere you do.
Brompton bikes are durable, comfortable to ride and configurable to carry all kinds of stuff, including a kid.
Visit our Seattle location to get to know this bike in person. Our friendly staff will help you learn everything you need to know to make an educated investment in your next family bike.
- The finest fold in the world of folding bikes. Compacts into a package easy to carry in one hand, easily fits in a car trunk, even packable for airline travel.
- Assembled by hand in the U.K. Brompton's storied history dates to 1975. The Brompton of today is a high tech, vertically integrated bike company committed to transportation and style.
- Wait, do I even need a lock with this bike? Probably so, but by it's very folding nature, this bike can join you in your office, in your car, on the train, on the bus, in the restaurant, and maybe, awkwardly, in your shopping cart.
- Looks like a folding bike, doesn't ride like one. In the same way Xtracycle seems to have nailed Longtail geometry, Tern absolutely crushes folding bike handling with the Tern Vektron. In other words, this thing rides great.
- Crazy patented adjustable stem thing. Tern loves gadgets and cool parts. Thankfully, they also care about safety. Their super-strong, super-adjustable quick release stem allows you to customize the fit of this bike on the fly, or easily share it with another rider of a different size.
- Oh, and we almost forgot, ITS ELECTRIC! You might miss the sweetest part of this bike what for all it's cool features. This is an honest to goodness folding electric bike that feels great, folds small and even looks cool in a futuristic kindof way. We are smitten.
The Tern Vektron is a groundbreaking bike that takes cues from cargo bikes, electric bikes and folding bikes.
How can it do so much? Well, it might be because Tern fancies themselves a transportation company, not just a bike company. When you're trying to solve transportation problems, you approach design problems from a solution oriented perspective, rather than trying to fit your product into a category within the bike industry.
All that means that the Tern is a truly innovative, well thought out, super strong bike that can climb steep hills, cover great distances, carry 1 kid and then fold up and fit under your desk at work. Security is a serious concern for quality electric bike owners - folding bikes have a unique advantage in this regard in that you can bypass the whole locking-your-bike-up-in-public thing.
Brompton warranties their frame for 5 years against manufacturers defects, and provides a 2 year warranty on all parts.
|FORK||Tern Tarsus Aluminum|
|SIZE||One size fits all|
|MOTOR||Bosch Active Line|
|POWER PACK||Powerpack 400Wh|
|ASSIST MAX||20 mph|
|TIRE||Schwalbe Big Apple|
|SEAT POST||Tern Telescoping|
|TRANSMISSION||Deore 10 sp|
|SHIFTER||Shimano Deore Shadow|
|FRONT LIGHT||Tern Valo Direct|
|REAR LIGHT||Herrmans H-Trace|
|REAR CARRY RACK||Tern Cargo Rack|
|CHAIN GUARD||SKS Chainblade|