Butcher's & Bicycles MK1-E
Butcher's & Bicycles MK1-E
A nimble three-wheeled electric box bike with a revolutionary 'built-to-tilt' front steering system.
A front-loading style cargo trike powered by the Bosch Performance mid-drive motor. Loads of accessory options makes carrying kids and stuff a cinch.
Visit our Seattle location to get to know this bike in person. Our friendly staff will help you learn everything you need to know to make an educated investment in your next family bike.
- This isn't your grandfather's cargo trike. Get ready to corner like a pro with the MK1 E's articulated steering system. Cargo is always stable and safe, but the ride experience is bike-like and performance oriented.
- Upgradable drivetrains. Nuvinci, Nuvinci Harmony drive systems as upgrades - consult with our staff for latest options.
- Family riders will not be left out in the rain. If you're looking to carry 1 or 2 kids and you're concerned about managing rain while riding, the MK1 E has you covered...literally. In addition to optional bench seats, infant carriers, the MK1 E offers a rain fly option that snaps to the front box.
- Let there be light. Optional Supernova integrated lights orient in the direction the bike is being steered.
- Two color options. Black or white. Wait...are those even colors?
- Deadlift training required for stairwells. This trike is sub-optimal if you're confronting more than handful of stairs in your day-to-day.
- Alloy frame, steel steering components. Seems like these 'butchers' aren't afraid to use the right 'cut' where it counts.
- Optional parking brake switch. Integrated with front hydraulic disc brakes.
- Things that make you go woof. Low step great for young kids and even dogs.
There's so much that's unique about this cargo trike. Denmark based Butchers & Bicycles who's name references a classic cargo bike design - "the butcher's bike". A bike with rigidly attached front cargo carrier that was large enough to post a sign aside - it was part delivery vehicle, part mobile advertising billboard. The MK1 E is as though the classic butcher's bike was hybridized with a small wheeled cat trike for the ultimate in steering, stability, style and cargo capacity.
This is not a light machine, as cargo bikes go. Average bike weight is around 120 lbs. A Bosch Performance Line mid-motor enables any rider to use this trike for carrying kids, dogs, or stuff in hilly conditions and under all weather conditions. The trike comes standard with a 400 Wh Bosch PowerPack, with the option of upgrading to a 500 Wh PowerPack.
Butchers & Bicycles warranties their frame against breakage for 2 years. Warranty is non-transferrable. Individual accessories and components (not including tires, tubes, chain) have a 1 year limited warranty. Bosch electric components carry a 2 year warranty.
|FRAME||7005 T6 Aluminum|
|FORK||Rigid CRMO Steel|
|BIKE WEIGHT||115 lbs|
|ASSIST MAX||20 mph|
|RIMS||20"/20"/26" double-wall rims|
|TIRE||1.75" Schwalbe Marathon Plus|
|HUB||Shimano Deore or Nuvinci|
|SEATPOST||27.2mm x 350mm|
|BRAKE||Tektro Auriga SUB|
|CRANKSET||Metropolis 170 mm|
|DRIVETRAIN||1x11 SRAM GX|
|HANDLEBARS||Alloy, Low Rise,|
|MAX BIG KIDS||2|