Riese & Müller Packster 40
Riese & Müller Packster 40
A compact electric front loader designed for carrying one kid or lots of stuff.
The low step-over height Packster by German brand Riese & Müller offers front suspension, cool cargo accessories, and the ability to carry a bigger kid.
Visit our Seattle location to get to know this bike in person. Our friendly staff will help you learn everything you need to know to make an educated investment in your next family bike.
- The shortest front loader cargo bike on the market. If you're looking for cargo capacity, but you want to see your load at all times, the Packster 40 might just be right for you. Just over 7' long, and suitable for carrying one small to medium sized kiddo.
- Shorter length and lighter weight lends to a nimble and fun ride feel. At just over 65 lbs in weight the Packster 40 rides more like a conventional bike than any front loader on the market. Steering is nimble and responsive. Electric assist makes this a capable climber.
- Individually assembled in Germany to your specifications. Riese & Müller's unique business model is part mass-production, part bespoke assembly. You can specify motor system, drivetrain, cargo options, color and much more on any Riese & Muller bike.
- Front suspension & seat post suspension, standard. Riese & Müller cares about comfort - that's why they include front suspension to cushion the ride for rider and passenger alike, but also seatpost suspension for the rider's benefit.
- Low step frame. Different from the popular front loader from Copenhagen - the Bullitt - the Packster employs a lower step frame to make it easy to get on and off, even when loaded.
- Available with Bosch CX Drive or Performance Speed. Amp up your climbing ability and acceleration with the Bosch CX Drive motor, or top out at 28 mph with the Bosch Performance Speed.
- Double your range with optional dual battery from Bosch. If you're looking to go further, select the dual-battery option when setting up your Load.
- 6-8 week delivery time. Assembly and shipping from Germany can take about this long.
The Packster 40 is based on one of our most popular bikes: the Packster 60/80. The main difference is the overall size of the cargo bay and the resultant size and weight of the bike. If you're limited to needing to carry one kid, you can rock the Packster 40. Two kids will require the longer Packster 60/80.
Beyond that, the Packster family shares many desirable traits - like a super adjustable step-through frame design, a wildly rigid frame that isn't overly heavy, an optional rear rack to boost your carrying capacity (which becomes even more useful on the Packster 40), and an optional dual battery upgrade to double your effective range.
Get either a Shimano derailleur drivetrain or the Nuvinci continuously variable internally geared hub for intuitive, smooth shifting. Motor options from Bosch include a hi-torque CX Drive or the high speed (28 mph) Performance Speed motor.
But there's so much more to the Packster 40. Take, for instance, the kickstand that comes standard. A cargo bike is only as good as it's kickstand - and the Packster stands alone. The dual-legged kickstand is wide, easy to deploy and renders the bike incredibly stable. As well, the bike comes with fenders and lights standard.. Riese & Müller pairs the included rear wheel lock key with the Bosch battery key so you can keep your keychain uncluttered. What's not to love?
Riese & Müller warranties their frame against breakage for 10 years (5 years for ebikes). Warranty requires registration within 4 weeks and is non-transferrable.. Individual accessories and components have a 1 year limited warranty. Bosch components carry a 2 year warranty.
|FORK||Suntour XCM32, 20", 70mm|
|SIZE||One size fits all|
|BIKE WEIGHT||65 lbs|
|MOTOR||Bosch Performance or CX|
|TORQUE||60Nm or 75Nm|
|BATTERY||500 or 1000 Wh|
|RANGE||40 or 80 mi|
|ASSIST MAX||20 mph or 28mph|
|FRONT LIGHT||Supernova E3 E-Bike|
|REAR LIGHT||Busch & Müller Toplight Mini LED|
|TIRE||Schwalbe Big Ben Plus Reflex|
|HUB||Shimano Deore or Nuvinci|
|SEAT||Selle Royal Shadow|
|SEATPOST||Alloy 34.9 x 430mm|
|BRAKE||Tektro Auriga Comp HD-500|
|DRIVETRAIN||Deore Shadow+ 10-sp or Nuvinci|
|SHIFTER||Deore or Nuvinci|
|HANDLEBARS||FSA V-Drive, 31.8mm|
|MAX BIG KIDS||1 (size is limited)|
Product details and specs are subject to change, errors and omissions.