Riese & Müller Packster 60/80
Riese & Müller Packster 60/80
A modular front loader available in two lengths, with numerous configurable options.
The low step-over height Packster by German brand Riese & Müller offers front suspension, cool cargo accessories, and the ability to carry a bigger kid.
Visit our Seattle location to get to know this bike in person. Our friendly staff will help you learn everything you need to know to make an educated investment in your next family bike.
CARGO BAY LENGTH
Choose between two cargo bay lengths - 60 or 80 cm.
- Individually assembled in Germany to your specifications. Riese & Müller's unique business model is part mass-production, part bespoke assembly. You can specify motor system, drivetrain, cargo options, color and much more on any Riese & Muller bike.
- Load length may vary. Traditional front-loaders (box bikes, bucket bikes, etc) are great for carrying young kids, but can present limitations for bigger kids. The Packster uniquely tackles this challenge with an optional longer front end (Packster 80) that will enable you to carry kids of virtually any age.
- Front suspension & seat post suspension, standard. Riese & Müller cares about comfort - that's why they include front suspension to cushion the ride for rider and passenger alike, but also seatpost suspension for the rider's benefit.
- Low step frame. Different from the popular front loader from Copenhagen - the Bullitt - the Packster employs a lower step frame to make it easy to get on and off, even when loaded.
- Available with Bosch CX Drive or Performance Speed. Amp up your climbing ability and acceleration with the Bosch CX Drive motor, or top out at 28 mph with the Bosch Performance Speed.
- Double your range with optional dual battery from Bosch. If you're looking to go further, select the dual-battery option when setting up your Load.
- 6-8 week delivery time. Assembly and shipping from Germany can take about this long.
We're big fans of the Riese & Müller Packster. Why? Well, in part because of the optional extra long cargo bed, partly because the lower step frame, and partly because of the seamless integration with Bosch and dual battery option available for customers needing extra range.
But there's so much more to this bike. Take, for instance, the kickstand that comes standard. A cargo bike is only as good as it's kickstand - and the Packster stands alone. The dual-legged kickstand is wide, easy to deploy and renders the bike incredibly stable.
Or how about the modular box system which works for kids or cargo? As well as a canopy that keeps kids dry in rainy weather? This is more than a bike - it's a comprehensive transportation solution that holds nothing back.
The Packster has an optional rear rack that is Racktime SnapIt accessory compatible. As well, the bike comes with fenders and lights standard on HS models. Riese & Müller pairs the included rear wheel lock key with the Bosch battery key so you can keep your keychain uncluttered. What's not to love?
Riese & Müller warranties their frame against breakage for 10 years (5 years for ebikes). Warranty requires registration within 4 weeks and is non-transferrable.. Individual accessories and components have a 1 year limited warranty. Bosch components carry a 2 year warranty.
|FORK||Suspension - Spinner|
|SIZE||One size fits all|
|BIKE WEIGHT||75 lbs|
|MOTOR||Bosch Performance or CX|
|TORQUE||60Nm or 75Nm|
|BATTERY||500 or 1000 Wh|
|RANGE||40 or 80 mi|
|ASSIST MAX||20 mph or 28mph|
|TIRE||Schwalbe Big Ben Plus|
|HUB||Shimano Deore or Nuvinci|
|SEAT||Selle Royal Shadow|
|SEATPOST||Alloy 34.9 x 430mm|
|BRAKE||Tektro Dorado Hydraulic|
|DRIVETRAIN||Deore 10-sp or Nuvinci|
|SHIFTER||Deore or Nuvinci|
|HANDLEBARS||FSA V-Drive, 31.8mm|
|MAX BIG KIDS||1-2|
Product details and specs are subject to change, errors and omissions.